We respect your trust in us to store and use your information in a secure and responsible way and to comply with regulations at all times. Here we explain how we use your information and how you can interact with us about it. We have tried to keep this a simple as possible but we do have a legal obligation to provide you with such information.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Our Data Protection Officer oversees how we collect, use, share and protect your information to ensure your rights are fulfilled. You can contact our data protection officer via email@example.com or by writing to North East Motor Trade Apprenticeships, Alexander House, Station Road, Columbia, Washington. NE38 7BD
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The information we collect about you may vary based on what service we provide to you and may include details like:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email, employment history, salary requirements, qualifications, etc., indeed all items that will generally be on a CV.
- If you require special help or consideration, we may need additional information about your health or other relevant circumstances in order to help you. We only collect this information where you let us know that we need to meet your special need.
We try to collect enough accurate and up to date information so that we can provide you with the service you require of us. If you do now wish to provide some or all of the information that we ask for then, we may not be able to provide you with the service or products you request at that time.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We endeavour to collect all the information that we need directly from you, that way you know what we have and that it is accurate. We usually do this:
- When you initially apply to us in person or via our website
- When you interact via social media
- When you come in for an interview
- When you contact us for any reason
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information in various ways, such as:
- Helping you to find a job
- Providing you with services that you want
- Letting you know about services that may be of benefit to you
- Dealing with any queries, problems or complaints
- Prevent fraud
- Keep your records up to date
- Comply with any legal obligations
- Research your experience of dealing with us
- Analyse information
In order to provide our products or services we need to collect information from you and about you. If you do not provide this information then we may not be able to provide such products or services.
If we detect fraud, we may be required to report this to the police or other relevant bodies.
We do not pass or sell your information to any marketing companies at all.
Where appropriate we will need to share some of your information with third parties for example:
- To prospective employers in order to secure and interview/job offer
- To a payroll company to process your wages
- To training providers to book courses
- Our staff in order to provide the service you want
- Agencies like the police, DWP, government bodies where we are legally required to do so
- Any person or organisation where we are legally required to do so
Whenever we do share your information we do so where we expect those parties to have the same levels of information protection that we have.
We do not pass or sell your information onto any marketing companies at all.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We protect your information with security measures to keep our computers, files and buildings secure. Computers are password protected, offsite backups are encrypted and filing cabinets are locked at night. When you contact us, we may ask questions to verify your identity before we answer any questions. Physical files that are no longer needed are shredded where the information could identify a living person. Any computers that are taken out of service have their hard drives physically destroyed.
Our staff will need to see your information in order to do their jobs and provide a service for you; they have been trained in how to keep your information safe.
If we have to pass your information to a third party, as above, then we make sure that we have their assurances that they also have procedures in place to keep your information safe.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
As you will likely change jobs several times or more in your life, we keep your information until you instruct us otherwise, which you can do at any time. We will from time to time contact you to try and ensure that we do keep your information accurate and up to date but we do need your co-operation in order to do this. There will be times when we can no longer keep your information up to date and as a result may have to delete your information. Once we do this your information will be destroyed and we will no longer be able to provide any products or services until you re-register with us again.
MEETING OUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
To use your information lawfully, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract
- Legal obligation
- Protecting the vital interest of you or others
- Public interest
- Our legitimate interest
- Your consent
There may be occasions where we need your consent to use your personal information. We may do this by phone, post, email, text or through other digital media.
You can decide how much consent you give depending upon the situation and can of course restrict, limit or withhold such consent.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS
You have the right to have the information we hold on you corrected, restricted or removed all together. You also have the right to request what information we hold on you. You can request any of these by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at:
North East Motor Trade Apprenticeships
Tyne & Wear
In order to protect your information from false requests, we will ask questions so that we can be satisfied that you are a legitimate person.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal information then you can telephone, email or write to us and we will follow our Company Complaints Procedure.
UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
We will make changes to this notice from time to time, particularly if we change the way we use your information or change our technology or products and it has an impact on anything contained in this notice.